A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about the ways to make your funeral fun. If there is ever another day that’s filled with emotion yet short on fun, it must be Valentine’s Day. “But isn’t Valentine’s Day fun?”, you may ask. Well, face it, it may be a day of celebrating love, or a day of wallowing in loneliness, or a day of obsessing about a perfect present, but it probably isn’t a day of fun. So, here are 8 ways to make your Valentine’s Day fun.
1) Send a valentine card to a random person whose name and address you find in the phone book. Sign the card with the name of another random name from the phone book.
2) Play a drinking game: drink a beer whenever one of your Facebook friends posts a status update complaining about commercialization of the Valentine’s Day. Eat a Doritos chip for every “like” the update gets.
3) Take your girlfriend to a surprise romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. Of course, she’d probably be expecting a dinner, but I bet it would be a huge surprise for her if you take her out to dinner at 6am.
4) Wear a Cupid outfit, and shoot arrows at people on the street. Aim for the heart.
5) If you have to spend Valentine’s Day alone, think of the food you love the most, and take it out to dinner. Ask for a doggy-bag if you want it to stay for the night.
6) Discreetly buy a Valentine’s day card. On Valentine’s Day, open it in front of your boyfriend or husband, read it, thank him for sending you this beautiful card, and enjoy his reaction.
7) Take this opportunity to renew your marital vows. Or, if you are single, to renew your vow to never ever get married.
8) Dial 911 and tell them how much you love and appreciate everything they do.