I have already covered the downside of being Spider-Man and Superman, but they are not the only superheroes whose lives aren’t as glamorous as they might seem. Though Harry Potter isn’t exactly a superhero, he still possesses magical powers few of us have, and he has two main requirements for being a superhero: a cape and parents who died in a freak accident. But even with his magical abilities his life is really difficult. Here are just a few examples:
1) Harry Potter is fighting his enemies by pointing a wooden stick and yelling, so in the heat of the fight even his opponent can’t help thinking “What a NERD…”
2) It’s really hard to land a real job with a Hogwarts diploma and no college degree.
3) Because Harry Potter has been fighting Lord Voldemort in the course of many books and movies without being able to (Spoiler Alert!) kill him, Harry became known by the nickname “The boy who can’t get the job done”.
4) Because of Harry’s easily identifiable lightning-shaped scar, he can never successfully rob a store or a gas station at a wandpoint.
5) All of Harry Potter’s magic abilities and spells are useless to save Harry Potter from graduating from school a virgin.
6) He’s been fined for cursing in public.
7) He can conjure money out of thin air. It sounds impressive but really isn’t, since United States Mint possesses the same superpower.
8) He’ll always be known as that guy who peaked in high school.
9) Even after beating Voldemort, Harry is legally not allowed to really celebrate until he’s 21.
10) The famous magical spells that Harry Potter can use cause immense pain to another person, are really just insults like “You’re really fat” or “I never really loved you, it was all fake”.