Advertisements
fall in
Satire

My Actual Online War With Pepsi. Real Emails With Real Responses

Below is an actual email correspondence between myself and the Pepsi corporation:

May 24th, 2002
Dear Cola Geniuses,
For years I have enjoyed the crisp refreshing taste of your fine pepsi products.  It truly is the choice of the next generation, and, as I always say to my family (all Coke drinkers), “nothing beats a Pepsi.”  A massive family feud often ensues, but it’s worth it
to  stand up for a product that has brought so much joy to my life.
I am concerned, however, about one thing.  During a period in the mid 90’s you developed a product called Crystal Pepsi. It  was supposed to be like regular pepsi, only without the extremely harmful cola coloring.  I used to love the stuff, and, completely switched over to it on the health kick at the time, but ended up switching back.  However, I was at a  restaurant the other day and decided to once again,  go back to the clear beverage.  My excitement was soon extinguished as the waiter soon told me that Crystal Pepsi is no longer made.  I profusely apologize for my crassness in this question but, when the hell did that happen?!  I went to your website and read up on the history of your product, only to find that it had been deleted from your history book.  Believe me Sirs and Ma’ams, you have nothing to be ashamed of with  Crystal  Pepsi.
My question for you is, is Crystal Pepsi sold anywhere else in the country.  If not, is it possible you  could make me some?  I’ll pay any price you want.  It  would  be worth it once that clear cola hits my parched  lips.
Is there some way I could make Crystal Pepsi on my own?  Perhaps by running it through a water  purifier?

Please write to me as soon as possible with the answers.  I await your reply.
Ain’t nothing like the real thing baby,
Tim Kochenderfer

Tuesday, May 28, 2002 11:32 AM

RE: crystal pepsi

Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us here at the Pepsi-Cola Company.  It’s always a pleasure to hear from our loyal consumers.

Here at Pepsi, we work hard to insure that our products reach the highest possible standards of quality, taste and enjoyment. Receiving recognition from friends like you truly makes it all worthwhile.

In regards to Crystal Pepsi, as you already know, we stopped producing the product several years ago.  In the past Pepsi has distributed this flavor in several markets, however it did not sell as well as we had hoped.  At this point, there are no plans to reintroduce this product; however, you can be assured that I will forward your comments to the appropriate individuals at Pepsi.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to contact us here at the Pepsi-Cola Company.  We appreciate your friendship and support.

-The Pepsi World Webmaster webmaster@pepsi.com

Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 8:23 PM To: pepsimail Subject: RE: crystal pepsi

Dear Cola Comrades, I just polished off a refreshing 20 ounce Pepsi when I decided to follow up on a letter I had written a couple weeks ago regarding one of your wonderful products, Crystal Pepsi. As you may recall – I told you of my affection and love for the products and my sadness that it no longer exists.  Like a long lost lover – I yearn for the beverage. In your response, you said you’d be sure to forward my comments to the appropriate individuals.  Did the appropriate individuals ever get my comments?  I still have not heard back from them.  Once again, I plea – please bring back Crystal Pepsi. If that is not possible – is there any way at all i could get just a six pack of the transparent beverage. As I stated before I’ll pay ANY price.  Please get back to me.  I can’t stop thinking of the stuff. Thank you again for your responsibliltity in this matter. I look forward to your response. Crystal Clearly yours Tim Kochenderfer

June 17th, 2002

Hello!

-The Pepsi World Webmaster

From: Tim Kochenderfer [mailto:siberianthunder@yahoo.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 8:50 PM To: pepsimail Subject: RE: Damn it!!!!

Dear Negligent Company, This, I’m afraid is the third time I’ve written you in regards to SPECIFIC questions referring to Crystal Pepsi.  As stated in previous letters, I am a habitual pepsi drinker looking for answers into how I can get my hands on Crystal Pepsi.  Well after receiving two of the EXACT SAME LETTER – I have come to the conclusion that you didn’t read my letter, but instead saw the words “crystal pepsi” and sent me a form letter you send to millions of others who demand the return of Crystal Pepsi.        So I am, perhaps foolishly asking you for the THIRD time, where can I get my hands on some Crystal Pepsi.  I said repeatedly I would pay ANY price!  If you could make me some, that would be greatly appreciated.      Please answer this Specific question.  Otherwise I will be forced to switch completely over to Coke and Royal Crown. Don’t let our relationship fizzle out, Tim Kochenderfer

Thursday, June 20, 2002 11:44 AM

RE: Damn it!!!!

Advertisements

About Tim Kochenderfer

I'm about yay-high and weigh about yay pounds

Discussion

11 thoughts on “My Actual Online War With Pepsi. Real Emails With Real Responses

1. Might I suggest a nice, cold glass of New Coke?

Posted by Michelle Railey | November 12, 2012, 8:02 pm
  2. Wait, you like Pepsi? That changes everything.

Posted by becca3416 | November 12, 2012, 2:01 pm
  3. I feel your pain – have more “customer dis-service” stories than I’d like to count. But at least tomorrow, once the word gets out about this post, you should have an entire truck of Crystal Pepsi backing into your driveway. : )

Posted by IWritetheBlogs | November 12, 2012, 12:52 am

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pingback: ANOTHER Open Letter To Pepsi: Bring Back Crystal Pepsi Now That Regular Pepsi May Be Deadly | Army Of Awesome People - February 10, 2014