– The “attention ladies and gentlemen, the London Summer Games will be closing in 15 minutes. Please finalize your athletic events” announcements over the loudspeaker were unnecessary and unsanctimonious.
– The James Bond stunt involving the Queen parachuting into the stadium during the opening ceremonies was cool, however, the ‘Batman’ stunt where the Queen battles the villain Bane was confusing, undignified, embarrassing , it went on for far too long and they should have let the Queen win.
– Why was there so much Christmas music?
– The role call of the crowd members added an unnecessary 2 hours to the event.
– During the Olympic torch handover, the game of ‘keep away’ from Rio de Janeiro seemed cruel.
– The ‘first 50 fans entering the stadium get a free gold medal’ promotion was unnecessary and diminished the significance of a gold medal.
-The tribute to British cinema should have showcased only small clips, not entire films.