– The final medal count between the nations is an accurate indication of who would win in a war.
– Al-Qaeda has been trying to get representation at the Olympics for years and actually has a decent swim team
– Although the 2012 games are referred to as the XXX Olympic games, the Olympic committee actually lost count several years ago and it’s believed these are really only the fifth or sixth Olympic games.
– While it’s almost never talked about, it is believed the Olympic flame has been involved in over 800 cases of arson throughout the past century.
– The following sports will be introduced in the 2016 Rio Summer Games: Marco Polo, Hide & Go Seek, Bird Watching, Spin The Bottle and The Cinnamon Challenge.
– The 10,000 meter race was shortened from the 10,000 mile race in 1984, a race that is still ongoing.
– The oldest Olympian ever to compete summer games was Joseph Smith, who, at 108, competed for Sweden in the 1932 games in the high dive and was instantly killed when he hit the water.
It is also true that the Steeplechase track event is to be abandoned after it was leaked that somebody had already caught the steeple.
aww man! I love that event!
Sometimes I think the Olympics should cut out those redundancies. Ping pong/ badminton. Same thing. Marco Polo / Hide and go seek….same thing. Spin the bottle/ wrestling….same thing. Bird watching/ water polo…..well I fall asleep for both but I’m assuming they are very similar.
Agreed – add running/swimming same thing minus the water and the general movement