Around the globe, Star Wars fans consider George Lucas to be a genius. I’m certainly not exempt from agreeing with my statement as well. Still a Star Wars nerd to this day and proud to proclaim it from the top of the Ewok village. Well, even a genius has struggles from time-to-time. Knowing that I’m such a huge Star Wars fan, Lucas himself shared with me his early considerations for the exchange between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker in the wind tunnel of Bespin’s Cloud City when Vader shares with Luke that he is his father. I think you’ll agree that these really are terrible. Enjoy.
– “Luke, I am your cousin!”
– “Luke, I am your grandfather!”
– “Luke, I was your father’s best friend!”
– “Luke, Yoda is your brother!”
– “Luke, Han Solo is your father!”
– “Luke, I am your brother from another mother!”
– “Luke, I am a robot in disguise!”
– “Luke, I’m a scientologist!”
– “Luke, I’m Darth Tater!”
As you can see, any one of these statements would have been horrible. Coming soon, Lucas shares more with me as he developed the phrase, May The Force Be With You!
© 2012 by James Miller
There was also a version “Luke, IM your father”, but few people knew of Instant Messenger back then…
Funny you should mention that. Lucas brought that up and said that one was too embarrassing to include. Go figure.